Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Santa Fe and the Hispanic Market!

Well my trip to Sante Fe was inspiring mentally and physically, as usual..and I had a great host...this is the dinner my son danny made for myself and his girlfriend Jill..who would have guessed all these hidden talents.
I met Sandra who is teaching a class at AU..and who wrote the book 'Transfer Mediums with Darlene Olivia McElroy. Darlene could not make the trip so Sandra is coming! I wish you could have seen her work on display at the Hispanic Fair..gorgeous!!!! Can't wait for her class.
That square you see in her canvas work..lights up!!!! She found some LED lights at...of all
places KMART!!!

This is Darlene ( sitting) and her friend at Darlene's booth. Darlene won "BEST IN SHOW'
and I have some pictures I will put on the blog later. I met Darlene 3 years ago..and have followed her work, tried most of the techniques in her book ' transfer medium" and inspired by her talents! Soooo fun to meet these artists.

and..this is the hostest with the mostest! The only way I could probably stay in Sante Fe..and be treated like royalty. "what would you like to do today mom"? We had a great time...visited some other galleries...played with his guitar ( video on this blog and comments welcome!)


And..this is Victoria. I met Victoria also 3 years ago. I loved her Angel painting....beautiful!
she told me " I am in the late stages of breast cancer..so this is probably my last year being at the Hispanic Market' I said..' i dont' think so...your work is gorgeous..you have much more to do". and ...I hugged her. dont' know why. just felt like it........bought the picture, took a picture of her and myelf... and then last year..I wondered if i would find her booth..if in fact she would be there. SHE WAS. She told me she was hoping I would come by.............she said it was a very hard year but...here she was.
So this year..there she was and her paintings ( I noticed) use alot more brighter colors..lime greens, beautiful!!! So I am soo happy to have met her, and to have a beautiful hand painted canvas painting of an angel....so this year SHE asked to take a picture with me! Here we are!
Great time. Great company. Great artists. Great host. Great Art! Lucky me!! comments welcome!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Living life well, my dear friend! Great friends, food, Dan! Thanks for sharing your aliveness! You inspire me!