Thursday, August 19, 2010

AU 2010 Trashy Novel


Well considering I was planning to lay by the pool rather then take on this challenge from Micheal deMing.....I enjoyed it..and amazed at what came out of 8 hours..no lunch..burned fingers and so much fun!

The NOVEL..is about getting to the jewels. Finding the key that fits the lock...passing up the sweet smelling (* poison) finding the dager ..opening the box and slaying the devil..and finally seeing the jewels hidden behind the locked cage.! Whew! ( Thats the cover up there!)
The mail box is actually an old mail box i found at merchant square.

Loved working with the foam..cutting and burning the pages..such a great technqiue!
My RUST look is actually...FIBER PASTE from Golden..put on the paper book with a brush, dried and then I used the Rust solutions to give the rusted look...ha. Looks like metal, including the spine..but its all paper!!

I did use his special formula for my paint color..and it was fun slapping it on...the whole experience was wonderful. That said..I am still not sure I will take another of his classes since I have had 2..and feel lucky of the outcomes..dont' want to press my luck!!


These two pages here show the bad guy.( who is hidden in the metal box ).and the dager has a price tag because my friend gave it to me..right from her shop..and it was just too darn authentic to take it off You can see my depth. there are 8 pages of foam there..We took out the entire pages of the book..left only the cover and the spine




AND..HERE ARE THE JEWELS.actually a braclet..again from my friend wanda..so beautiful..I couldn't think of how to use them when she gave them to me...too pretty to break up...so I hung them behind the old mail box cover..and yes the mail box has a combination!

So much for a days work..of fun!!!. Only 3 of us were 99% finished at the end of the day..I was elated to be in that group...but...will I take another class from him????????????????????????

No comments: