Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Decisions Decisions

WELL Sandy and I made 10 journals to send to Boston Victims in Rehab hospital and received a nice note from the nurse ' when I unpacked these journals..they just made my day".  we didnt' ask for a Thank you only that they get them to the right patients!
 When creating the journals we not only cover the front and back of the journals but also the
inside of the covers...each has a different theme..we just had a great time...dining rooms were a mess of embellishments etc..but fun!
 I learned when creating journals for Phx childrens hospital that patients that are there for long periods of time..do enjoy writing, even if they have never tried it before..now they have time..and they have visitors..and they have thoughts to write...
 Now after dragging out my paper and glues which i had put away in the garage to make room for the paint and easel etc that I wanted to move forward with........I found I still enjoy the journals..
and the boxes ( my favorite bird box below)...

I also enjoy trying new techniques.  The instructions for this piece BELOW  were to...
1. find textured paper.  2. RUN..acrylic inks down the paper and spray with water. 3. get alcohol inks and spray and then spray with alcohol...I loved the results and i added some pastels here and there...so now what?   well..maybe try it on canvas..which is where I need to make some decisions.
I cannot really keep supplies in my small studio to do all ..boxes, journals and painting on canvas..So...which do I choose....I thought I was tired of journals and boxes..but I see an embellishment in my stash from wanda..and it gives me ideas...so ..that is something I need to work on..one thing I know for sure  JOHN IS NOT ALLOCATING ANY MORE ROOM IN THIS HOUSE FOR MY CREATIVE IDEAS!!!

NOW HERE IS JOHNS FAVORITE PASTIME.  FLAPJACK.  WE ARE IN SAN DIEGO..AND JUST ENJOYING EVERY MINUTE...JOHN HAS FLAP..I HAVE BOTH OF THEM.  DANNY JOINED US FOR 3 DAYS AS A SURPRISE FOR FATHERS DAY!!

OH..WHOOPS..FORGOT. I ALSO LIKE TO CREATE WITH EMBELLISHMENTS..LIKE THIS BIRD.  I ACTUALLY STARTED OUT TO PAINT..ON BURLAP WITH PLASTER ON CANVAS...AND THEN...SOMEHOW THIS LITTLE BIRDIE CAME OUT...AGAIN, MORE CHOICES IN ART..I THINK YOU NEED TO CLICK ON THIS LITTLE GUY TO REALLY SEE THE SMALL EMBELLISHMENTS..IN PERSON..IS STILL THE WAY TO ENJOY ART..

THIS PIECE IS CALLED RAZZLE DAZZLE BECAUSE...IN MY HURRY BECAUSE I WAS ' RATTLED'...I JUST PAINTED THIS ON SURFACE BOARD AND UNWOUND A PRETTY GOLD BRACELET WITH PINK BEADS ON IT...I HAD AN IDEA..BUT NO TIME..SO THREW IT TOGETHER..I DON'T THINK THE PICTURE DOES IT JUSTICE BECAUSE I LOVE ALL THE COLORS IN THERE..THE BLUES AND GOLDS...
SO WHAT DO YOU DO WITH IT?  WELL A NEIGHBORS GRANDDAUGHERS FRIEND WAS HERE AND LIKED IT..SO I GAVE IT TO HER.  I WILL GIVE ANY OF MY PAINTINGS TO WHOMEVER SAYS ' OH I LIKE THAT'.  I CAN'T THINK OF A BETTER PLACE FOR THEM TO GO THEN TO SOMEONE WHO LIKES THEM..AND FOR SURE I HAVE A WALL FULL...SO COME ON OVER!

No comments: