Tuesday, May 4, 2010

cheryls birthday






good morning!

Twas my friend cheryl's birthday yesterday...so...made her a box!
See Cheryl is also an artist..but she would have said ' made her a cake'..because Cheryl is a very
artistic cook and baker...and yesterday brought me yummie special desserts!!

I always worry about making an art piece for a friend...you want it special..but art is in the eye of the beholder and I used to worry, now I realize..if there is anyone you can enjoy making art for..and dont' have to worry if its not exactly what they would have picked..its a friend!

So to all my friends who receive my art..thank you...and if it not exactly what went with your decor..feel free to pass it on ...whatever makes someone happy...its just that I feel we are made
To create ..whether cooking or paint or writing or drawing...
and if you create a happy day for someone..just do it!

I purchased a book called ' Stencil Me In..seemed like some quality stencils, which we know sometimes cost as much as 25.00...and they were great. The inside is a stencil from that book and I used Ex Heavy Gel/Molding paste ( as written on the jar) and mixed it with Interferrence Gold Fine paint...left it over night and you can see how perfect it came out!

The flower is one metal flower torn off a metal wreath of flowers I found at a garage sale.
I gave one to Sandy and I have a couple left to share.

I glued the heart onto the inside cover leaving 2/3 of the heart unglued so a photo could be
put inside...

thats about it...some UTEE on the sides of the top paper , some embellishments on the flowers..and some small pots on the side...

So, Happy Birthday Cheryl.
and mom says Congrats as she raises her strawberry with whipping cream! Doesnt take much for mom to enjoy something!!
...

No comments: