Saturday, June 12, 2010

ACRYLIC REVOLUTION AND ME






well as you can see..I have my studio table all set for painting. nothing else there! and its filled.

decided to follow Nancy Reyners Book Acrylic REvolution and do at least 2 techniques a day...waiting for time didn't work..time waits for no one..and I am actually accomplishing more then i think with just the few minutes as mom is in bed..awake having toast or whatever since i can hear her.

the cheesecloth is wet when layed on the canvas so it sticks..no glue. then painted between the cracks and you can't really tell but the outcome actually looks like the cheescloth is still there due to the thickness in places with the paint. then I added the idea of doing a transfer over with black and white to watch the colors come thru the transfer. I think you can get a background for some transfers this way rather then trying to paint a transfer after!

I also did the feather painting, the ribbon and the eye dropper. IThis morning i started the coarse Pumice gel techniq..I have covered the canvas..will let it dry and then..you will see the rest after I follow the other steps. interesting effect with coarse pumice.

and I liked the fiber paste with the rust so I covered a 8 x 8 grundge board so i will have the rusted paper, thicker..and bigger..wanting to maybe cover a book during micheal demengs class this summer. will show you the 8 x 8 when its finished..but i also added a picture of the previous fiber paste since it has really rusted even more!!!

and of course flapjack got his first bath!!!! Thanks to aunt cheryl who led us thru this..( had to buy some DAWN) who would have guessed. new doggie parents..getting there!

now have to go help john fix the brand new sweeper that he tried out and got a string caught!!!!
life goes on!

No comments: