Tuesday, March 30, 2010

bird book

And here is the bird book. I really just could not decide on a bird for the focal point of the book..I tried a stamp, a ghost , a glass bird..and finally cut out a bird from canvas. I painted him blue..and decided to try my encaustic wax to shine him up ( has resin in it)..but he did not shine!!! however, I added the small clothes pin for his legs and the feathers etc...but check out the ribbon on the side, which I purchased from Paper Studio when they were clearing out stuff....its beautiful ribbon...and then had to decide on the ribbon closure and found this 'outdoor' theme, which I had..actually I had everything.

I found the back cover paper at scrapbooks etc..at the last minute..another ' cannot decide' day...and held the ribbon with more feathers. It really came out nice because I had to keep reminding myself NOT to us store bought embellishments, especially for the front cover. I like to keep the books "artsy' and try to include some kind of technique or special FIND embellishments...heaven knows I have many and the idea here..is to use them!!

I had decided these would be my last 4 books for a while ( still working on the clock etc) but found myself enjoying the last few days..with embellishing etc...so I will probably do more, except I want to do another box first.

Its interesting to me because I start out not knowing for sure, exactly how I will put these books together, and when I think I have a good idea...70% of it changes by the time I am finished, which is what makes it so challenging and fun.

I have little time in the studio...with mom here. You would think i would have more time, but she calls my name 100 times a day..forgets she called me..or will say ' oh judy how nice of you to stop, i love this house, lets buy it and live together'. ok. Sometimes I can just let her call me, but sometimes I have to respond or she will say ' isn't anyone living here except me?"

I listened to the Oprah show yesterday with Rachel Welsh on ' aging'. Rachel admitted it took her 3 hours to " fix the face" . never guessed..she is beautiful. but Oprah showed 4 other older ladies from 52 to 94..for their secrets! sure, they exercise etc..but I said ( to the tv) this is all possible...if you don't get demenshia~!!! You can eat right, exercise ..whatever...but demenshia is something you cannot control..and never know if you will get it...and no way to undo it... and it ends...just about your whole life....so these 4 are lucky!!!

so...I run when mom calls. its about all she has..is to find someone who is there to talk to..or answer her confused questions!!

But the studio will be there...some other things won't...and I am still having fun in there, just not as much time to devote....

Anxious for our next mixedmedia night and then after that i will deliver the books to Phx Childrens Hospital!!! cheers!

No comments: