Tuesday, March 30, 2010

two books finished






well I promised you the AFTER on the books. I have finished the cherry and bird. The cherry was getting the best of me. Why cherry paper. Then I found this recipe book in the shape of a jar..with cherries on it...no, actually sandy found it! 1.00 and it changed my whole vision of the front cover..which i thought was boring with just cherries. And the green ribbon was perfect color...tried everything from polka dots to red...just shows...you know you have it..when you have it!!! I wrote some cute sayings inside..since this is a journal..' memories etc'. Actually this was a recipe book, I just put it upside down..so pages are blank..and ran the ribbon thru the back and thru the back of the inside cover to hold it This way, when the book is removed, you can tie the ribbon into a bow, and the cover will still have some creative features..rather then blank page. This was better then using a temp glue etc...and I liked the red bow...

The inside of this book cover actually HAD a folder..so I slipped some cards inside...with a string attached so the new owner would find them! all in all..this paper or theme, turned out to be more fun that I originally thought it would be!!!!

And yes, there is a picture of mom and Loeke...just relaxing in bed..waiting for toast and coffee!! Mom doesn't hurry in the morning...gives me time also to write in my Artist Journal.......

I have found a wonderful CNA to take care of mom over the Easter Holiday...so john and I can get away for a holiday...

For all my blog readers ...Have a great Easter Holiday....!!

No comments: